Welcome to the ALL Connect KS2 Speaking Module
There are five themed modules for KS2 teachers of languages and two KS2-KS3 modules. The modules are not sequential, and are presented here in four formats:
- A Powerpoint presentation for use in a training session
- A pdf for Trainers to use in preparing for a training session; this includes the notes pages that accompany the Powerpoint screens
- A Powerpoint presentation for self–access by a practising teacher or trainee (this version does not include discussion and has reduced notes) in case you wish to view the Powerpoint separately from the Notes
- A pdf of the Self Access notes page – you might like to access this version in order to have the Notes visible at the same time as the screens.
The materials of this module are aimed at an audience of teachers who will be teaching pupils at KS2. Languages of exemplification in the materials and follow-up modules are French, German and Spanish. These materials are freely available for any teacher to use. They must not be used for commercial reasons such as training sessions where attendees are charged a delegate fee by a trainer / training organisation. They may not be used without acknowledgement of the original source. If you are using them, ALL would be very pleased to hear from you, as it is of particular interest to us to know about coverage. Please email email@example.com to let us know.
The format of the module is as follows:
A presentation for delivery by a Lead Teacher to a workshop of teacher participants. The workshop duration is planned to be two hours, in which the presentation and accompanying materials / resources and activities should be presented.
Teachers using the self-access version should also expect to take around the same length of time.
Following delivery of a workshop, teacher participants can undertake independent study by accessing four follow up modules, which could be pursued over four consecutive weeks following the workshop. These are housed on this site and can be found by scrolling right down this page.
For additional resources, activities and case studies, please see the ALL Speaking Wiki.
Materials in sequential order for Lead Teachers to deliver to teacher participants:
You will need to download these materials when you click through to them. If you are a Lead Teacher we suggest you do so before you deliver a workshop session.
|For Lead Teachers to deliver to teacher participants:
||For teachers to access as self study:
- KS2 Speaking Part 1 Notes pages – We suggest you access this presentation as it gives instructions about how to deliver the session and also suggests where you might introduce activities to the teacher participants.
- KS2 Speaking Part 1 (this is the 1st part of the presentation as teacher participants will view it).
- KS2 Speaking Part 1 Self-access (this is the 1st part of the presentation) – Powerpoint version: This is in case you wish to view the ppt separately from the notes. The notes below each screen suggest questions for professional reflection and exploration.
- KS2 Speaking Part 2 Notes pages – We suggest you access this presentation as it gives instructions about how to deliver the session and also suggests where you might introduce activities to the teacher participants.
- KS2 Speaking Part 2 (this is the second part of the presentation as teacher participants will view it).
- KS2 Speaking Part 2 Self-access (this is the second part of the presentation) – Powerpoint version: This is in case you wish to view the ppt separately from the notes. The notes below each screen suggest questions for professional reflection and exploration.
Please note that you can also access the video files here if you are having trouble playing them:
Part 1: KS2 Speaking James Sentences.wmv
Part 2: KS2 Speaking Part 2 media1.wmv – KS2 Speaking Part 2 media2.wmv – KS2 Speaking Part 2 media3.wmv – KS2 Speaking Part 2 media4.wmv – KS2 Speaking Part 2 media5.wmv
The handouts referenced in the presentation can be found below:
For use by teacher participants after either training route:
Teacher participants may wish to use the simple action plan following the module or any of the four follow-up modules. The action plan pro forma can be accessed here: KS2 Speaking Action Plan
Teachers may wish to view the KS2 Programmes of Study for languages. They can also access the audit form here which is referenced in the presentation: Programmes of Study Audit.
Back up! The files Lead Teachers need should all be linked within the presentation – but just in case, here they are again:
Five follow up modules for independent use by teachers, after attendance at the taught Speaking workshop:
Follow up 1: KS2 Speaking Follow up 1 German / KS2 Speaking Follow up 1 Spanish / KS2 Speaking Follow up 1 French
Follow up 2: KS2 Speaking Follow up 2
Follow up 3: KS2 Speaking Using the phonics suite
Follow up 4:
Follow up 5:
For additional resources, activities and case studies, please see the ALL Speaking Wiki: