Welcome to the ALL Connect KS2 Progression Module
There are five themed modules for KS2 teachers of languages and two KS2-KS3 modules. The modules are not sequential, and are presented here in four formats:
- A Powerpoint presentation for use in a training session
- A pdf for Trainers to use in preparing for a training session; this includes the notes pages that accompany the Powerpoint screens
- A Powerpoint presentation for self–access by a practising teacher or trainee (this version does not include discussion and has reduced notes) in case you wish to view the Powerpoint separately from the Notes
- A pdf of the Self Access notes page – you might like to access this version in order to have the Notes visible at the same time as the screens.
The materials of this module are aimed at an audience of teachers who will be teaching pupils at KS2. Languages of exemplification in the materials and follow-up modules are French, German and Spanish. These materials are freely available for any teacher to use. They must not be used for commercial reasons such as training sessions where attendees are charged a delegate fee by a trainer / training organisation. They may not be used without acknowledgement of the original source. If you are using them, ALL would be very pleased to hear from you, as it is of particular interest to us to know about coverage. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
The format of the module is as follows:
A presentation for delivery by a Lead Teacher to a workshop of teacher participants. The workshop duration is planned to be two hours, in which the presentation and accompanying materials / resources and activities should be presented.
Teachers using the self-access version should also expect to take around the same length of time.
Following delivery of a workshop, teacher participants can undertake independent study by accessing four follow up modules, which could be pursued over four consecutive weeks following the workshop. These are housed on this site and can be found by scrolling right down this page.
For additional resources, activities and case studies, please see the ALL Progression & Transition Wiki.
Materials in sequential order:
You will need to download these materials when you click through to them. If you are a Lead Teacher we suggest you do so before you deliver a workshop session.
|For Lead Teachers to deliver to teacher participants:
||For teachers to access as self study:
- KS2 Progression Module notes pages – We suggest you access this version of the presentation as it gives instructions about how to deliver the session and also suggests where you might introduce activities to the teacher participants.
- KS2 Progression Module Self Access – Powerpoint version: This is in case you wish to view the ppt separately from the notes. The notes below each screen suggest questions for professional reflection and exploration.
Please note that you can also access the video files here if you are having trouble playing them: KS2 Progression Module media1.wmv.
For immediate use by teachers after either training route:
Teacher participants are asked to complete a simple action plan following each taught workshop. They are also asked to complete this when they complete each of the 4 follow-up modules over the subsequent weeks. The action plan pro forma can be accessed here: KS2 Progression Action Plan
Four follow up modules for independent use by teachers, after attendance at the taught Progression workshop:
Follow up 1: KS2 Progression Module Follow Up 1 Teacher instructions
Follow up 2: KS2 Progression Module Follow Up 2_Teacher_instructions
Follow up 3: KS2 Progression Module Follow Up 3_Teacher_instructions
Follow up 4: KS2 Progression Module Follow Up 4_Teacher_instructions
For additional resources, activities and case studies, please see the ALL Progression & Transition Wiki: