There are five themed modules for KS3 teachers of languages. The modules are not sequential, and are presented here in four formats:
- A Powerpoint presentation for use in a training session
- A pdf for Trainers to use in preparing for a training session; this includes the notes pages that accompany the Powerpoint screens
- A Powerpoint presentation for self–access by a practising teacher or trainee (this version does not include discussion and has reduced notes) in case you wish to view the Powerpoint separately from the Notes
- A pdf of the Self Access notes page – you might like to access this version in order to have the Notes visible at the same time as the screens.
The materials of this module are aimed at an audience of teachers who will be teaching pupils at KS3. Languages of exemplification in the materials and follow-up modules are French, German and Spanish. These materials are freely available for any teacher to use. They must not be used for commercial reasons such as training sessions where attendees are charged a delegate fee by a trainer / training organisation. They may not be used without acknowledgement of the original source. If you are using them, ALL would be very pleased to hear from you, as it is of particular interest to us to know about coverage. Please email email@example.com to let us know.
The format of the module is as follows:
A presentation (in pdf format) for delivery by a Lead Teacher to a workshop of teacher participants. The workshop duration should be two hours, in which the presentation and accompanying materials / resources and activities should be delivered.
Teachers using the self-access version should also expect to take around the same length of time.
Following delivery of a workshop, teacher participants will undertake independent study by accessing 4 follow up modules, to be pursued over 4 consecutive weeks following the taught workshop. These are housed on this site and can be found by scrolling right down this page.
Materials in sequential order:
You will need to download these materials when you click through to them. If you are a Lead Teacher we suggest you do so before you deliver a workshop session.
|For Lead Teachers to deliver to teacher participants:||For teachers to access as self study:|
For immediate use by teachers after either training route:
Teacher participants are asked to complete a simple action plan following the training. They are also asked to complete this when they complete each of the four follow-up modules over the subsequent weeks. The action plan pro forma can be accessed here: KS3 Action Plan Literature.
Online access to the ALL Literature wiki:
The main presentation (and the follow ups) refer regularly to the ALL Literature wiki, and it would be very useful if Lead Teachers have already joined the wiki and are familiar with its simple workings before giving this presentation.
- Go to: http://ALL-Literature.wikidot.com.
- Click top right on ‘Join this Site’.
- You will be directed to create a wikidot account first, and then return to ‘Join this specific site’.
- You will then be admitted and have full access and writing rights. Without joining the site you can still browse but cannot see attached files which are often very significant.
Four follow up modules for independent use by teachers, after the Literature workshop:
Follow up 1:
- KS3 Literature module Follow up 1.1_Literary texts progression overview KS2 – KS5
- KS3 Literature module Follow up 1.2_the rationale for Literature at KS3
Follow up 2:
- KS3 Literature module Follow up 2.1 What to do with texts
- KS3 Literature module Follow up 2.2_Biologie
- KS3 Literature module Follow up 2.3_Demain des l’aube
- KS3 Literature module Follow up 2.4_Additional texts
Follow up 3:
Follow up 4:
For additional resources, activities and case studies, please see our Literature Wiki: