There are five themed modules for KS3 teachers of languages. The modules are not sequential, and are presented here in four formats:
- A Powerpoint presentation for use in a training session
- A pdf for Trainers to use in preparing for a training session; this includes the notes pages that accompany the Powerpoint screens
- A Powerpoint presentation for self–access by a practising teacher or trainee (this version does not include discussion and has reduced notes) in case you wish to view the Powerpoint separately from the Notes
- A pdf of the Self Access notes page – you might like to access this version in order to have the Notes visible at the same time as the screens.
The materials of this module are aimed at an audience of teachers who will be teaching pupils at KS3. Languages of exemplification in the materials and follow-up modules are French, German and Spanish. These materials are freely available for any teacher to use. They must not be used for commercial reasons such as training sessions where attendees are charged a delegate fee by a trainer / training organisation. They may not be used without acknowledgement of the original source. If you are using them, ALL would be very pleased to hear from you, as it is of particular interest to us to know about coverage. Please email email@example.com to let us know.
The format of the module is as follows:
A presentation (in pdf format) for delivery by a Lead Teacher to a workshop of teacher participants. The workshop duration should be two hours, in which the presentation and accompanying materials / resources and activities should be delivered.
Teachers using the self-access version should also expect to take around the same length of time.
Following delivery of a workshop, teacher participants will undertake independent study by accessing 4 follow up modules, to be pursued over 4 consecutive weeks following the taught workshop. These are housed on this site and can be found by scrolling right down this page.
Materials in sequential order:
You will need to download these materials when you click through to them. If you are a Lead Teacher we suggest you do so before you deliver a workshop session.
|For Lead Teachers to deliver to teacher participants:||For teachers to access as self study:|
For immediate use by teachers after either training route:
Teacher participants are asked to complete a simple action plan following each taught workshop. They are also asked to complete this when they complete each of the 4 follow-up modules over the subsequent weeks. The action plan pro forma can be accessed here: KS3 Action Plan Spontaneous Speaking
- Welcome to the ALL Connect KS3 Spontaneous Speaking Module
- KS3 Spontaneous Speaking Handout_1_Objectives_review
- KS3 Spontaneous Speaking Handout_2_CEFR assessment_grid_english
- KS3 Spontaneous Speaking Handout_3_Spontaneous_Speaking_strands
- KS3 Spontaneous Speaking Handout_4_action-plan-spontaneous-speaking
Four follow up modules for independent use by teachers, after the Spontaneous Speaking workshop:
Follow up 1:
Follow up 2:
Follow up 3:
Follow up 4:
- KS3 Spontaneous Speaking Follow_up_4_Group_Talk_Progression_chart
- KS3 Spontaneous Speaking Follow_up_4_Pupil_language
- KS3 Spontaneous Speaking Follow_up_4_Spontaneous_Speaking_strands_continued